Nimble Code of Practice
Why We're Different
Nimble is 100% online. The entire application process takes 5 minutes and you receive an instant decision - right there and then when you apply.
Our smart technology does all the hard work so that we can provide you with a neat new way to borrow money.
It's taken 2 years to assemble the finest mathematicians and software developers to build our clever technology. They pulled all-nighters to make this fresh approach to lending possible. And ridiculously quick.
We think it's pretty amazing!
Unlike other lenders, we also want you to repay as quickly as possible. Then you can get on with your life without the burden of long-term debt.
Nimble uses a fee structure that results in a slight loss on overdue accounts. It's in our best interest for you to repay on time. Profiting from late fees is inconsistent with our company mission and values.
At Nimble, when you have a great experience, we're happy too.
Transparency and communication
- You'll see a crystal clear breakdown of your repayment schedule before you apply. It's all in plain English and big print. There are no hidden fees.
- We keep it simple. We keep in touch. Making a financial decision is serious and can be an information overload. Our website is clear and informative with a comprehensible calculator to help you with your decision. If you need help, our team is close by via the phone, email, live help, SMS, and social media channels.
We're careful and choosy
- Our members are employed, professional, hardworking, and responsible people who need small, short-term loans from time to time.
- We lend up to $600 - depending on your individual situation. If your primary source of income is government benefits you cannot get a loan from Nimble.
- Our smart technology takes extra special care to lend you an amount that you can comfortably repay.
Short-term, flexible solutions
- Nimble loans are strictly short-term solutions - to smooth out your day-to-day life.
- Nimble always wants you to repay on time and get on with your life. We remind you of your repayments via SMS, email, and in your Member Area.
- Our loans are for days or weeks, not months. Our fees are higher than other forms of credit. This is because our loans are the fastest, most convenient way to borrow small amounts of cash in Australia.
- It's like a taxi. You use one occasionally and only for small distances. You don't use one everyday or for long trips.
Overdue loans and fees
- We hear horror stories where someone borrows $300 and owes $3000 months later. This can't happen with Nimble. We freeze overdue accounts at 45 days overdue.
- Nimble does not allow rollovers. This is when people cannot repay on their original repayment date so the lender extends or rolls over the debt for a longer time.
- We're available for you 24/7 no matter where you are. But like any relationship, it's a two-way street. We expect members to keep their side of the deal and use our service responsibly. We're a responsible company lending to responsible people.
We're here to help
- Blog - your go-to page for tips on personal finance and other interesting stuff.
- Facebook - have a quick question? Post it on our wall. Also check out our daily musings and general fun things.
- Resources - Articles about budgeting, debt management, debt consolidation, and responsible use of loans and other credit are all available on our website.
Nimble launched in November 2005. We lend up to $600 over several weeks to employed people via the internet.
Nimble is a member of the National Financial Services Federation, a micro-lending industry association. We are subject to the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 and associated codes and regulations. Nimble is also a member of the Credit Ombudsman Service Limited, an ASIC approved external dispute resolution body. We have been granted a credit licence by ASIC.